It’s RHS Garden Harlow Carr’s 70th birthday! To celebrate, we’re hosting a summer ‘SevenTea’ and cake party, and we’d like you to help us mark the occasion, by taking part in a special competition.
Design a tea-themed planter
We’re inviting you to get creative and enter our competition to plant up a tea-themed planter with your choice of flowers and plants, or fruit and veg. Your ‘SevenTea’ pots will take pride of place at the RHS Garden Harlow Carr Flower Show (21-23 June 2019) and will be seen by thousands of visitors. The overall winner will receive a £50 RHS Shop voucher and there will be a scrumptious cake from Betty’s up for grabs for the winner of our People’s Choice award.
Want to take part?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to confirm you’d like to enter the competition. Entries will be accepted right up until the Show
- Get growing! Plant up one or more ‘SevenTea’ inspired containers and decorate them with tea-themed accessories
- Consider joining our after school ‘twilight’ workshop (more details below)
- Read our competition criteria (below)
- Share your designs on social media using #HarlowCarr70
Twilight Workshop: 3.30pm, Tuesday 30 April, RHS Garden Harlow Carr
Join our free, after school ‘twilight’ workshop at RHS Garden Harlow Carr and come away with inspiration for your ‘SevenTea’ display. Places are offered on a first-come, first-served basis, so please email email@example.com by Tuesday 23 April to secure your place. The workshop is a chance to get ideas for your own displays and take away a free pot to plant up. You can still take part in the competition even if you can’t attend the workshop!
- The competition is open to schools, youth and community groups and is free to enter
- Containers should be a minimum of 1.5 litres
- Clearly label your pot with your group’s name
- You can enter as many pots as you like – the more the merrier!
- All displays should be freestanding and secure
- The Curator’s Choice award will be judged on Thursday 20 June
- People’s Choice voting will take place from Friday 21 until Saturday 22 June
- Deliver your pots to The Harrogate Arms (off Crag Lane) from Saturday 15 – Wednesday 19 June. A gazebo will be set up and your displays will be kept watered
- Collect your pots from the main entrance at RHS Garden Harlow Carr between Monday 24 June – Sunday 7 July. After that date, they will be disposed of
Please note: Due to risks from Xylella Fastidiosa (a dangerous plant disease), please make sure your pots DO NOT include the following: Coffea spp. (coffee), Hebe spp. (hebe), Lavandula spp. (lavender), Nerium oleander (oleander), Olea europaea (olive), Polygala myrtifolia (polygala), Prunus spp. (cherry, plum etc.), Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary), Spartium junceum (Spanish broom).