16a Morris Lane
Leeds LS5 3JD
This is part 2 of a two-part course. Attendees must attend both sessions to complete the course.
The induction sessions are suitable for all new volunteers (unit helpers, leaders, or those transferring in to other roles) within Girlguiding Leeds.
The purpose of our Volunteer Induction is to:
- Welcome and offer support.
- Ensure new members understand how they fit in and what is required of them.
- Emphasise the culture and the values of guiding.
- Discuss the structure of Guiding, the policies and procedures/practices that are in place both nationally and at a local level.
- Clarify the requirements, duties and responsibilities of the role and ensure new volunteers have the knowledge and skills to perform their role effectively.
- Introduce the Girlguiding programme, its structure and how it transitions across all sections of the organisation.