Circus Workshops Summer 2019

 

Dear Leader

Shooting Stars Circus Skills are working in your area on the following dates in Summer term 2019.

May 1st – 10th, 20th – 31st
June 3rd – 28th
July 1st – 19th

We would like to introduce you to Shooting Stars Circus Skills who offer Rainbow, Brownie and Guide units the chance to enjoy the fun and excitement of a circus skills day/evening at a special discounted rate.
We can offer a brilliant workshop with a highly experienced instructor at the rate of:

£150.00 for a 1 – 2 hour session with one group
£240.00 for a 2 – 3 hour session with two groups (£120.00 per group)
£300.00 for a 3 – 5 hour session with three groups £100.00 per group)
£300.00 for an all day workshop (usually Saturday or Sunday 10.00 – 16.00)

The workshop consists of a circus instructor and circus equipment (which is tailored according to age groups, space available and length of session time). Examples include juggling balls, rings and scarves, spinning plates, diabolos, flower sticks, and larger equipment such as stilts, fun wheels, pedal racers, unicycles & mini-bikes. Equipment used will be at the discretion of your instructor.

With the volume and variety of equipment available, we can take a group of up to 30 children/young people per workshop, keeping them involved and engaged at all times.

NEW PROGRAMME – NOTES

As you are aware, the new programme doesn’t include a Circus Performer Badge. However, approx 60% of the total Unit time is for the new programme, leaving 40% at the leaders discretion. Girlguiding UK have confirmed that bespoke badges are available and they can be obtained from bespoke@girlguiding.org.uk.

NEW PROGRAMME – UNIT MEETING ACTIVITIES

There are lots of fun, ready-to-go unit meeting activities of varying lengths and styles, which can be dropped into gaps in your programme to add balance and variation.
They’re designed to encourage all girls to get involved and participate in the activity. You may want to use a 10-minute activity at the end of your unit meeting or do a longer activity to introduce girls to a topic that you are going to explore as a unit. And they all fit under our six programme themes.

NEW PROGRAMME – SKILLS BUILDERS

Skills builders are designed to stretch and challenge girls of all abilities and enable them to develop core skills throughout their guiding journey.
Skills builders are specially designed to help girls develop core skills as they travel from Rainbows to Brownies and on to Guides and Rangers.

“The Greatest Showgirl’ themed Unit Meetings * Camps * Residential * Sleepovers * Celebrations * Pack Holidays

 

 

Greatest Showgirl Activity Badge

 

All our instructors have DBS’s, Public Liability with Equity of £10 million and Risk Assessments are available.

 

Regards
Steve Grainger
Shooting Stars Circus Skills
6 Hopney Cottages
Bricklehampton
Pershore
Worcestershire
WR10 3JT
Office: 01386 550260
Mobile: 07970 107845
Web: www.shootingstarscircus.co.uk