I am a student from Leeds Beckett University studying Sport Development. As part of our course this year, we run a sporting event in the community. My course mates and I are running an event to celebrate girls sport and football. We are running at event on Tuesday 7 May completely FREE of charge for an evening where girls can take part in different sports and try alternative versions of football for fun! They will also receive certificates of attendance and medals.
We would like to invite your Guiding groups to take part in the event if you are interested.
Please email email@example.com for contact details.
It’s RHS Garden Harlow Carr’s 70th birthday! To celebrate, we’re hosting a summer ‘SevenTea’ and cake party, and we’d like you to help us mark the occasion, by taking part in a special competition.
Design a tea-themed planter
We’re inviting you to get creative and enter our competition to plant up a tea-themed planter with your choice of flowers and plants, or fruit and veg. Your ‘SevenTea’ pots will take pride of place at the RHS Garden Harlow Carr Flower Show (21-23 June 2019) and will be seen by thousands of visitors. The overall winner will receive a £50 RHS Shop voucher and there will be a scrumptious cake from Betty’s up for grabs for the winner of our People’s Choice award.
Want to take part?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to confirm you’d like to enter the competition. Entries will be accepted right up until the Show
- Get growing! Plant up one or more ‘SevenTea’ inspired containers and decorate them with tea-themed accessories
- Consider joining our after school ‘twilight’ workshop (more details below)
- Read our competition criteria (below)
- Share your designs on social media using #HarlowCarr70
Twilight Workshop: 3.30pm, Tuesday 30 April, RHS Garden Harlow Carr
Join our free, after school ‘twilight’ workshop at RHS Garden Harlow Carr and come away with inspiration for your ‘SevenTea’ display. Places are offered on a first-come, first-served basis, so please email email@example.com by Tuesday 23 April to secure your place. The workshop is a chance to get ideas for your own displays and take away a free pot to plant up. You can still take part in the competition even if you can’t attend the workshop!
- The competition is open to schools, youth and community groups and is free to enter
- Containers should be a minimum of 1.5 litres
- Clearly label your pot with your group’s name
- You can enter as many pots as you like – the more the merrier!
- All displays should be freestanding and secure
- The Curator’s Choice award will be judged on Thursday 20 June
- People’s Choice voting will take place from Friday 21 until Saturday 22 June
- Deliver your pots to The Harrogate Arms (off Crag Lane) from Saturday 15 – Wednesday 19 June. A gazebo will be set up and your displays will be kept watered
- Collect your pots from the main entrance at RHS Garden Harlow Carr between Monday 24 June – Sunday 7 July. After that date, they will be disposed of
Please note: Due to risks from Xylella Fastidiosa (a dangerous plant disease), please make sure your pots DO NOT include the following: Coffea spp. (coffee), Hebe spp. (hebe), Lavandula spp. (lavender), Nerium oleander (oleander), Olea europaea (olive), Polygala myrtifolia (polygala), Prunus spp. (cherry, plum etc.), Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary), Spartium junceum (Spanish broom).
Would you like to do some fundraising through the Body Shop with your unit?
Our events are a fun and sociable way to add to your fundraising tally and can be held anywhere- the choice is yours.
- Think about charging a nominal fee to attend your event.
- We have generic posters we can forward to you for you to use.
- We will provide you with catalogues and order forms 2 weeks/10 days prior to your event for you to hand out to people who can’t make the event but would like to support it by placing an order.
- We can provide you a ‘Lucky Squares’ game sheets that can be completed before the event by selling the squares off at a £2 each. Once each sheet is completed one person has the chance of winning up to 50% of the value in Body Shop products of their choice and the other 50 % you will have raised for your cause.
- We will provide you with a raffle prize in products, tickets for which can be sold on the night of the event with all sales going straight into your fundraising pot.
- On the night of the event we will come along to your venue and set up an eye catching and attractive display. Our parties are about having fun and playing with our products, the more products people try the more they are likely to buy. We will demonstrate our makeup (on a raffle prize winner) and encourage all your guests to try the products.
- We will give you a minimum of 10% cash back on all the orders we take on the night and on any you have collected before the event. The cash back will increase to 15% once your total sales have exceeded £1000. The cash back is in addition to your ticket sales, raffle money and lucky squares sheets sold.
- Donation of £5 direct to your cause for anyone who books and holds a party at home within 6 weeks of the event .
- All items ordered by guests will be delivered back to you within 10 days, each with their own bag making it very easy for the completed orders to be distributed.
If you are interested, please contact the Trefoil Centre office on firstname.lastname@example.org for contact details.
Experience a tour of an Amazon fulfilment centre to give your unit a behind the scenes look at how our centre operates. You will see first-hand the technology that helps us to deliver to our customers all across the globe.
At our site we deal with the larger items, so we have a lot of trucks operating on site and you will even get a close up look at some of our trucks.
The tours last approximately 1 hour, sometimes a little over as our last tour stop is really cool! We can accommodate groups of around 30 and we are flexible on the start time of the tours when hosting groups.
This is a really good opportunity to see how Amazon operates and the tours are free!
We are located in Doncaster, junction 3 off the M18
If you would like more information or to book on a tour please contact Adam Asquith, Tour Lead on 07795 668257 or email@example.com
I am currently working on the seventh series of Child Genius and we are looking for parents with high-achieving 8-12 year olds who might potentially be interested in hearing more about it.
My reason for getting in touch is to see if you might be able to circulate the attached flyer to parents of your Girlguides units that might want to apply. Alternatively, follow this link to be taken to the application form:
We understand that taking part in a TV show is a big decision, so as part of our casting process we will be holding an Open Day on Saturday 4th May in London for lots of children and their families to attend, with no obligation to take part in the series. It is a fun day, offering parents and children a chance to find out more about the show, plus an opportunity to meet other like-minded children, and take part in a series of fun challenges and games.
Anyone potentially interested can get in touch for further details if they wish.
Catch up on the most recent series of Child Genius here.
Thank you for your time and we look forward to hearing from you.
Are you aged 18 to 35 and fancy enjoying a weekend at Waddow Hall making new friends and having fun, whilst doing your bit?
If so, why don’t you join in with the young volunteers Service Weekends? The cost is free to members of Friends of Waddow (membership £12). As well as having fun this weekend may count towards Queen’s Guide and DofE (at the discretion of your adviser/mentor).
29 – 31 March 2019
25 – 27 October 2019
27 – 29 March 2020
Download Booking Form.
Are you enthusiastic? Do you enjoy talking to people in a positive way about Guiding? Do you have innovative ideas about how, when and where we can encourage more adults to volunteer with us in Leeds County? You do? Then we need you to grow our Growing Guiding Team.
We need to show the public in and around Leeds that Guiding is growing. In the past we have been seen at Kirkstall Festival, Wetherby Town Hall, during the Tour de Yorkshire and Headingley cricket ground to name some of the things we have done.
We are looking for anyone who is interested in joining us, ideally two people (or more!) from each division so the county is represented from all areas. We need people who are willing to help at events/stalls to grow Guiding and our aim is to have a large team so that everyone can give the time they can spare. Currently there are just a few of us who have spent the whole day at festivals etc and that is hard work. Can you help to lighten the load?
Even if you just think you may be interested but want to know more we are having a meeting at the Trefoil Centre on Tuesday 5th March at 7.30pm.
We look forward to seeing you on the 5th March where a warm welcome will be waiting for you.
Lynne – Chair, Growing Guiding Team
Can you make use of a large bag of mixed yarn for activities with your girls?
A local knitter has been having a sort out of her stash of yarn resulting in a large bag of mixed yarn of varying colours, quantities and qualities.
If you can make use of this yarn in meeting activities, please contact the County Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Would your Rainbows, Brownies, Guides or Rangers like to find out more about Guide Dogs?
Thelma Wilson is a volunteer speaker for Guide Dogs and would love to visit your unit. She will talk about the charity’s work, and bring trained guide dogs and resources to help the girls understand more about how the dogs are trained, what they do and why.
For Thelma’s contact details please email the County Administrator at email@example.com